BeerSmith Mobile Home Brewing app for iPhone and iPad
8944 ratings )
Food & Drink
Current version: 2.3.4
, last update: 1 year ago
First release : 06 May 2013
App size: 11.92 Mb
Do you want to create great beer recipes on the go? BeerSmith 2, the worlds top selling home brewing software, comes to iPhone/iPad. BeerSmith Mobile gives you all the tools to design, edit and brew your best beer from your phone or tablet. BeerSmith mobile is tightly integrated with our recipe cloud service and desktop BeerSmith program making it easy to create recipes from your desktop computer or phone and share them transparently. Save a recipe on your desktop cloud folder and open it on your phone. In addition our BeerSmithRecipes search function puts thousands of new recipes at your fingertips. An integrated brew day timer with step by step instructions, brewing calculators and tools for converting units rounds out this great app!
The ultimate app for BeerSmith users - create a recipe at your desktop cloud folder, walk our the door and edit the recipe from your phone or tablet!
- New BJCP 2015 Beer Style Guide included
- Ability to fully edit recipe and brew session data
- Editing of ingredients including hops, grains, misc, water, and yeast
- Full edit of profiles including equipment, mash profiles, aging and carbonation
- Functions to scale a recipe by equipment, alter color, original gravity or bitterness
- Ability to save profiles or ingredients from an existing recipe to your phone database
- Search, view and select from thousands of recipes on BeerSmithRecipes.com
- Brewday timer for steep, mash and boil with notifications and alarms
- Ability to store recipes you find locally or to your cloud account
- Full integration with the desktop version of BeerSmith via your cloud folder
- Any recipe you move to your desktop cloud folder can be used in the app!
- Full beer style guide in app for reference
- Seven calculators including: hydrometer adjust, infusions, alcohol/attenuation, mash adjust, weight/volume, refractometer and carbonation
- Five unit converters: temperature, gravity, weight, volume, pressure
New in this version:
- Brought brewing engine up to 2.3 desktop standards including whirlpool hops and late extract additions
- You can now install new ingredients and equipment add-ons easily
- A new session dialog is available from the recipe editor to record session data
- Mash pH adjustments and estimates can also be made from the session dialog
- A yeast starter calculator has been added to the recipe editor
- You can lock/unlock recipes like the desktop version
- A number of smaller bug fixes and improvements were made
Pros and cons of BeerSmith Mobile Home Brewing app for iPhone and iPad
BeerSmith Mobile Home Brewing app good for
Great app for beer making.. should have a place to inform the OG achieved to calculate the brewhouse efficiency, and FG to Real ABV...
This is an amazing asset to my brew day and with developing recipes.
I got this app when it first came out and I was very disappointed with the lack user friendliness. Customer service was great and returned my money.
I decided to give it another try and I am very happy with the changes. BeerSmith mobile is seamlessly integrated with the desktop version and allows full recipe creation and editing on a mobile device. The cloud sharing is great.
The only thing I wish this app had is a way to track batch stages, something that showed a calendar that would notify you when the stage (secondary, cold crash, carbonation) is due. Competitors have this function and it is the only thing that they do better.
Great job beer smith!
I dont normally write reviews, but I must for this app. I have been using BeerSmith since I started Home Brewing. The app is loaded with essential information. Nearly a one stop app.
Brad, the author has ported a mountain of knowledge into this app. Its a bargain for the price. It helped me better understand the numerous variables in brewing.
I have been a home brewer for years. This app really does the job. I wish the developers would add a function to add pictures. I do a lot of documentation with pictures. And to have it built in the app would be great.
Hello, good program, but I cant find "dilution tool" like on PC version. It would be fine if you realize it.
Some bad moments
Overall this app is okay... but its missing some of those "no-brainer" type things that should absolutely be included in a mobile app.
My biggest issue: why is inventory and shopping list not available? I would think that would be one of the most beneficial things to have on your phone. Im out at the Homebrew shop picking up some stuff... and I forget if I indeed have that 8oz of specialty malt I need... this app is entirely useless here.
Perfect example why wrapping your web app in an iOS app is a terrible idea. Slow, very bad UX, just all around weird and not fun to use. 2 stars because the system is actually quite good, but the iOS "app" is really, really bad. Developers should be ashamed to put this web crap out...
I had high hopes for this app. The back bone is there.it could be great. Its just slow when you click buttons like edit and save etc.. And it is twitchy, resulting in lost recipes. Im back to excel spreadsheets now.
Powerful app but difficult to learn (and Im not new to brewing). Slow and confusing recipe entry process. Great that there is access to recipes.
This is a very disappointing app if you want to scale to a larger volume thats greater than 10 gallons. I tried everything I could to build a larger equipment profile to match my 27 gallon system. The software allowed me to create a new profile but it always defaulted to a 5 gallon batch even after entering 27 gallons.
I intended to use this app on my phone and iPad and switch seamlessly between the two. But I am unable to save recipes from the cloud from either device. Apparently, you must have the PC/Mac version to actually save recipes to the cloud, and then they can be accessed from the iOS devices. That is not a useful syncing function to me. I wish that was clear before I spent the $8 on this app...